Contact Your Legislators Today!
Please take action NOW on behalf of MA early educators in the FY2018 budget!
At stake in the conference committee budget negotiations is critical resources to advance all Put MA Kids First Coalition members’ two urgent goals:
1. Stabilizing the Workforce
- Center Based Child Care Rate Increase for Early Educators (3000-1042): House funding level of $20 million, to address the current workforce crisis by increasing salaries for early educators.
2. Growing Quality (a system of programs that are anchored in a consistent, high skilled and fairly compensated workforce)
- Quality Improvement (3000-1020): Senate funding level of $31.86 million, with House language for QRIS earmark and Senate language earmarking $100,000 for a study on the workforce.
- Outside Section 74 A in the House – Carries over any unspent funding in Income Eligible and TANF/Supportive for infant/toddler rate increases and early educators salary increases.
We encourage your support of the items listed below:
- Head Start (3000-5000): Senate funding level of $9.5 million.
- Commonwealth Preschool Partnership Initiative (3000-6025): Senate funding level of $15.10 million, to enable local communities to expand high-quality preschool opportunities for 3- and 4-year-olds.
- Early Childhood Mental Health (3000-6075): House funding level of $2.50 million.
- Reach Out and Read (3000-7070): House funding level of $1 million
- EEC Administration (3000-1000): Senate funding level of $5.76 million.
- Supportive Child Care & TANF (3000-3060): Senate funding level of $223.30 million.